[mythtv-users] MythTV Companion for iPad Update

Lee Koloszyc pantslessape at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 14:45:00 UTC 2011

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 2:18 PM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com>wrote:

> An easier port target would be iPhone for me, since that's just a matter
> of writing a new UI.  That's not to say I lack interest in Android, just
> that I'd expect it to take the several months I've been working on the iPad
> app, at least-- and that presumes that the development tools for Android
> are as good as they are for iOS-- I've anecdotally heard that that's not
> the case.
>
> Maybe I'll see how the reception for the iOS app is, and make decisions
> based on that.  If I can offset the cost of the hardware, I may start
> looking for other port targets.
>
> Robert

I've been wanting to develop an Android app for some time now and would be
willing to attempt to develop an app like this for Android.  I'm currently
on MythTV trunk so I should have the new API's available for testing. As of
now I only have an Android phone, but I also have an HP Touchpad and could
throw CM7 on it to test it on a tablet version. I will play around over the
next few days to see if I can get any of the basics working.

Lee