[mythtv-users] Determining HDTV status of recording

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Nov 16 08:03:50 UTC 2011

On 09/26/2011 03:15 AM, Les Noland wrote:

> I am trying to figure out how to determine the hdtv status of a
> recording. The recorded table does not seem to contain this
> information. It is available in the recordedprogram table but that
> table appears to include both current recordings as well as previous
> recordings. While it might seem that I could just join the recorded
> table to the recordedprogram table, I can’t figure out a foolproof way
> to do that. I thought about joining on the chanid, starttime, and
> programid fields but it turns out that the starttime in recorded is,
> apparently, the start time of the recording whereas the starttime in
> recordedprogram is the scheduled start time. Though, I suppose I could
> fudge something using an approximate range of times, besides getting
> messy it is a little less precise than I would prefer – I want this
> for a custom recording rule so it would be best that the query runs as
> quickly as possible.

What exactly are you trying to do? I'm unwilling to answer random
questions about the database schema or data without knowing what,
specifically, you want to accomplish with your custom rule. Or, put
another way, if you don't understand the data and the schema, there is a
non-zero possibility that the approach you're hoping to use to
accomplish something is not ideal, which means that I'm likely to be
wasting my time writing out information to answer general "fishing"
questions.

> It seems odd to me that there is not some direct link between the
> recordedprogram table and the recorded table

There is. :)

> since, I presume, there is a direct logical link between the two (I
> presume that recorded refers to the actual physical recordingand
> recordedprogram refers to a program which has been recorded, and
> therefore, at least until the recording is deleted, that
> recordedprogram entry directly corresponds to an entry in the recorded
> table). Can anyone help me out with this?
>
> Also, what does recordedprogram contain for a recording which is
> split? For example, if the machine is rebooted while a recording is in
> progress, upon coming back up the recording resumes as a second
> recording – I presume that there are two entries in the recorded table
> in such a case. Is there still only one in recordedprogram?

Note, also, there are some example clauses available for custom
rules--such as, "Re-record SDTV in HDTV (disable duplicate matching)".

Mike