[mythtv-users] MythTV's using all inputs though no active recording error

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Nov 16 08:08:39 UTC 2011

<moving to the mailing list--I'd prefer to correspond on list so others
can benefit from the information provided, or so others with better
information can help>

On 09/26/2011 03:19 AM, ShiggyMiyamoto wrote:
> Hello. I found your Gossamer Threads post on how to correct a messed up MythTV LiveTV setup (http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034). I've done that so many times now and it keeps not working. I'm running on Funtoo Linux.

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you--I've been busy with
travel.  Anyway, the error you're getting is an error that means,
basically, "None of the configured inputs are usable."  That means that
when you're re-creating the capture cards and/or video sources or
re-connecting inputs, you're doing something wrong, so the new
configuration is just as broken as the old configuration.

We'd need more information to help figure out what is wrong with your
configuration--information such as backend logging output.

Mike