[mythtv-users] Fedora 16 for mythTV?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 16:20:29 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 10:17 AM, Tom Lichti <tom at redpepperracing.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 11:07 AM, Mark <markhsa at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Anyone made/going to make the jump to Fedora 16 on their mythtv system?
>> Looking for feedback/experiences on this if so.
>
> Also curious, as I am going to be rebuilding my backend soon and I am
> trying to decide if I will stay on the current working FC13 or move to
> FC16, or possibly CentOS 6.

I only run a combined FE/BE so I may stay on Fedora, although I
believe EL6 (+ 3rd party repos) does have recent enough packages to
support a frontend without major issue or custom package building.

If it's a backend only, I would highly recommend going to something
with a longer support cycle like CentOS 6. Just make sure it will
support your tuners.

Richard