[mythtv-users] Fedora 16 for mythTV?

Bruce Taber b.taber at comcast.net
Wed Nov 16 17:11:46 UTC 2011

On 11/16/2011 11:07 AM, Mark wrote:
> Anyone made/going to make the jump to Fedora 16 on their mythtv system?
> Looking for feedback/experiences on this if so.

Most of my systems are running okay on Fedora 16. There is a main BE/FE
combination. It is the primary system with the myth database. It has no
recording capability. It is controlled through the keyboard as it is
also my primary desktop.

There is a slave BE that does all of the recording. Tuners are 2 X
HDHRs. Three of the connections are basic cable and one is OTA (mostly
for liveTV.) It used to have 4 PVR250's installed but the power supply
is having problems these days with the cards and 4 hard drives.

The primary FE was about to be converted to F16 today until I realized
it only has 512 MB memory. F16 needs 768 MB minimum. This system was the
last one (it's on F14) because it is controlled mostly by remote and
I've been hesitant to upgrade until there was a chance to test.

Bruce