[mythtv-users] MythmetadataLookup again

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Nov 16 17:58:41 UTC 2011

On 11/16/2011 12:38 PM, Robert McNamara wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 9:30 AM, Stefan D wrote:
>>> That is what was a little confusing for me, since that information says
>> exactly which episode and season it is. And i couldn't understand why that
>> information is not valid to find what episode and season the recording is,
>> episode 11, season that started airing 2010. But what is logical to a human
>> isn't the same thing to a computer or that is not information that thetvdb
>> API supports.
> There are multiple problems-- the field is subtitle, not "description of
> what season and episode and year it is."

In other words, the season and episode information belong in other
fields--specifically the <episode-num> element--and the year of
broadcast belongs in the "start" attribute of the <previously-shown>
element.  See
http://xmltv.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/xmltv/xmltv/xmltv.dtd .

If you're getting your data from EIT, and it really contains such broken
data, you need to create an EIT fixup for your provider.  (Search here
for more information on them/examples of previous commits with EIT fixups.)

>> (Hmm, would it be completely wrong to add "Del 11 av 23 säsong 2010", as
>> the Swedish translation for the episode name? As it is now, there is no
>> Swedish translation for any episode. Maybe i could check with thetvdb
>> forum. Because then it would work, yes?)
> Yes, it would work.  It would still be invalid data/not the correct data
> for that field, but it would technically work.

Though it might(?) break metadata lookup for anyone using Swedish with
valid listings data (i.e. from some other source).

Mike