[mythtv-users] Forcing Mythmusic to use its output device

Peter H. Berens phb at apunix.com
Wed Nov 16 20:16:25 UTC 2011

It appears in 0.24.1 that if you configure your default output device and
speaker setup to be 5.1 in the general settings page, then mythmusic will use
the default audio device and ignore the setting for its audio output device.

This results is in an ac3 digital signal being output for mythmusic.  However,
I use an ALSA mapping that allows the signal to be sent both to my HDMI port
and my analog output jacks of the computer.  If mythmusic outputs an ac3
digital signal, you get nothing but clicking on the computer's analog jack.

If I set the speaker setup to stereo, then everything works fine -- I get PCM
digitial over the HDMI and analog stereo over the analog jacks.  However, then
your dolby digital videos play as PCM stereo instead of 5.1 surround.

Is there a setting that will cause mythmusic to use its audio device setting
with the general settings set to a 5.1 speaker configuration

--

Peter H. Berens