[mythtv-users] Merging Storage groups (mythvideo)

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Thu Nov 17 14:08:25 UTC 2011

On 11/17/2011 08:16, Greg wrote:
> On 11/17/2011 07:09 AM, Mike Perkins wrote:

>>> I believe just adding all your /mnt/video* folders to the storage group
>>> will just work these days - subfolders with the same name should just
>>> collapse into one entry on the frontend.
>>>
>>> I had my TV shows spread between a NAS and the backend for a while, and it
>>> seemed to be working that way.
>>>
>> Absolutely. You (the OP) don't seem to be using Storage Groups the correct way.
>> Don't bother with symlinks, just add the folders to the storage groups, and myth
>> will put everything into the same list.
>>
> Thanks,but what seems to be happening to me is I get 3 TV_Series entries
> in the play video menu...
>
> I have tried under mythtv-setup to enter the paths on one line like
> /mnt/video1/TV_Series/ /mnt/video2/TV_Series/ /mnt/video4/TV_Series,when
> I do this, setup thinks this is all one path and that it doesn’t
> exist...I have tried , : ; as separators,but even that don't help... I
> just can't find the proper doc's to get this set right....

The idea is that it is supposed to be intuitive, and you shouldn't need
documentation on setting it up.  Add '/mnt/video1', '/mnt/video2', and
'/mnt/video4' as independent paths for the Videos storage group.  MythTV
will automatically merge those folders together in the view.  The only
reason you would see three independent TV_Series folders is if you were
in "File Browse Mode".