[mythtv-users] Video storage group settings?

Blaine Price blaine at price-home.com
Fri Nov 18 10:53:21 UTC 2011

I had some failing hardware so I moved my Mythbuntu 11.10 system from
one machine to another. I thought I had done everything correctly:
1. I backed up the database settings by following the instructions here:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore

2. I copied the recordings and videos directories from
(/var/lib/mythtv/recordings and /var/lib/mythtv/videos) to a temporary
drive

3. I rebuilt the new Mythbuntu 11.10 machine, stopped it, restored the
database, copied the recordings and videos directories back, and
restarted the backend.  I had to change the IP address in the process
but I reset it in the General settings on both the frontend and
backend.

The recordings all came back on the new machine but the videos did
not: I could see the list of old videos in the front end (with no
coverart) but myth couldn't find them. I noticed there were no storage
groups set on the new machine so I created a storage group for videos
and images and pointed them back at /var/lib/videos but this didn't
work.

Can someone tell me how I can get myth to see the videos in this path?

cheers,
Blaine