[mythtv-users] Channel change failed error

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 22 16:14:04 UTC 2011

I had to swap out my STB for a new one last week, and now when my HD-PVR tries to change channels, I get an error in my mythbackend.log file that says "channel change failed".  I used to use mythchanger on the old box, but that won't work anymore since the new STB (a Pace RNG110 I believe) isn't supported by it.

I can run 6200ch from a command line so I know the firewire changing will work.  I tried taking out the command from the HD-PVR Input Connection but I still get that error (in other words, I have nothing for External channel change for the HD-PVR now).  I assumed that the internal changer would be used then.  If I need to put a command in there for 6200ch, do I need any other parameters?

Thanks,
Harry