[mythtv-users] DLNA clients and MythTV

Andy Summerskill andysummerskill at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 23 07:05:50 UTC 2011

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 14:37:51 -0600
> From: Conor Klecker <conor at ronoc.net>
> Subject: [mythtv-users] DLNA clients and MythTV
> To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>
> Has anyone had much success with a brand of HDTV or media player playing
> your MythTv recordings without and additional transcoder or additional
> tinkering? I have had poor luck with the 360 as a client and great success
> with the PS3 (http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/494981)
>
> But even though my Blu-Ray player is Sony it doesn't play the recordings.
>
> So who has had luck with a great DLNA player? One built into your TV?
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

I've got a Samsung UE32C6510 32" LED HD TV and mythtv appears on the list of DLNA servers.

I can play recorded TV, Videos and Music directly using the TV remote.

The only (minor) issue I have is that some of the TV recordings do not have a title visible on the screen (the date of the recording does show, though) - but some of the recordings do have their title listed! Also, it is possible to display the list of recordings ordered by date or title (where subfolders are shown; a different folder for each date or for each title - which minimises the problem noted above).

When I bought the TV I wasn't aware of this feature, so a pleasant surprise.

Regards,

Andy Summerskill