[mythtv-users] dd-wrt

Larry Finger Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net
Wed Nov 23 15:48:48 UTC 2011

On 11/23/2011 09:23 AM, Tim Draper wrote:

> well i use the cisco/linksys E4200 without any issue. based on the
> linksys forums there are some reported issues with USB connections.
> i just use it as a wifi/router though. bought it specifically as it
> did independant 2.4&  5ghz networks (i have 2.4ghz issues in my
> house). it also has active work in either the DDWRT or OpenWRT
> projects, so any limitations i may encounter i can move to one of
> those.

I have had success using a Netgear WNDR3300. Its standard firmware allows
binding an IP to a particular MAC. I have no idea if it could run either dd-wrt
or openWRT as I have found no need to change its firmware.

I also have a Linksys WRT54GL V1.1 that is loaded with openWRT. That change went
quite smoothly. I also have a WRT54G V5 that I wish I had never purchased, but I
do not ask much of it. That and version 6 routers do not come with Linux-based
standard firmware and have only 16 MB RAM.

Larry