[mythtv-users] Sky+ HD channel change script failing

Lawrence Rust lvr at softsystem.co.uk
Wed Nov 23 19:33:05 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-11-23 at 19:08 +0000, Dave Pearson wrote:
> For some time now I've been controlling my Sky+ Box with an MCE Remote
> Sender through a "Digisender" box.
>
> This has worked perfectly for me up until now when I have changed the
> box to a Sky+ HD box.
>
> I know that the Digisender is still working as I can control the box
> using the Sky plus remote control through it.

Sky+ and Sky+ HD boxes use different RC codes for the same key press.
You can't control an HD box with a Sky+ RC and vice-versa.

E.g. SkyHD RC scan code is 0x00005cxx whereas Sky+ is 0x00000cxx and an
original Sky RC code is 0x000000xx.

> The problem I am having is that some key presses are being repeated,
> while others are not being received by the HD box, obviously this means
> that channel changes do not occur or are wrong.

Guess that the SkyHD box doesn't do a good job of RC6 decoding.

> I can only assume that it is a problem with sensitivity on the HD box as
> the normal Sky+ Remote still works - does anyone else control a Sky+ HD
> box via an MCE Remote Sender? If so, can I have a copy of your working
> general.conf for the sky remote? Or, does anyone have any other ideas
> that i could try to get this working again?

I believe all that you need to do is translate the 0xcxx key codes to
0x5cxx and all will be OK.

--
Lawrence