[mythtv-users] dd-wrt

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Nov 23 23:22:34 UTC 2011

On 11/23/2011 04:46 PM, Harry Devine wrote:
> I got it working.  Was pretty simple to set up.  I've done a few hard resets, but I can't get the router to get an IP address from the cable modem.  I've power cycled the router&  cable modem but still nothing.  Did you have this problem?
>
> Harry

If it is a cable modem, try starting the router, then power up the modem
about 30 seconds later. Allows the router to stabilize.

If it not a cable modem, but a DSL router, check VERY carefully that you
have the settings correct (PPOE etc and password). At one time I found
that I could not connect unless I had some the of sub-protocols set
correctly. (Can't remember exactly: I have been using tomato for a
couple of years...same router however!).