[mythtv-users] Reliability of HDTV flag in Schedules Direct listings

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Thu Nov 24 16:04:43 UTC 2011

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 10:04 AM, Scott & Nicole Harris
<snharris99 at live.com> wrote:
> I don't know for sure, but I can't help but think that is an issue with the
> data GIVEN to SD by the broadcaster, not with the data they are providing.
> By way of comparison, a quick check of the listing at TitanTV does not
> indicate HD either.

How can the listings be wrong for such a high profile event?

If these flags are so unreliable, should mythtv really rely on them
for scheduling?

Should I go through an manually raise the channel priority for all
channels which are HD channels rather than relying on the listing?  I
don't really want to have to do that, since I would prefer to not
record native SD content that has been upscaled for an "HD" channel.
That just seems like a waste of disk space.

What are the rest of you doing?

Eric