[mythtv-users] Stability of latest nvidia (290.10)

Warpme warpme at o2.pl
Thu Nov 24 21:11:49 UTC 2011

On 11/24/11 9:56 PM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On 11-11-24 03:54 PM, Warpme wrote:
>> This is on system where 280.13 are running for months without single
>> segfault.
> So why update it then?  If it wasn't broke, why did you "fix" it?
>
> b.

Yeah.
Basically You are perfectly right. Only reason why I'm trying new nv
drivers is flash support stability.
ppl on nv groups stating that 285+ family finally resolve (I mean
improve) stability & hw accel for flash.
Personally I hate flash/macromedia for their crappy solution and
corporate style - but unfortunately many sites (which I'm routinely
browsing in mythbrowser) requires flash for displaying all content :-(
br