[mythtv-users] Re-record without deleting?

malcolm.torrent malcolm.torrent at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 16:38:05 UTC 2011

On 27/11/2011 16:23, Jim Stichnoth wrote:
> Is there a way to have a program re-record without first deleting the
> original?  I have a collection of episodes that I transcoded, but I'm
> not happy with the result and I'd like to record them again next time
> they come around.  In the meantime, I don't want to lose the original.
>   If the recording rule is still active, does this technically involve
> removing the program from oldrecorded while keeping it in recorded, or
> does duplicate matching also check the recorded table?
>
> Jim

1. simply find the recording in mythweb open its page and click the
'forget old', this should get you a new copy assuming one is found in
the schedule, see http://prntscr.com/4a2gg  for the example.
or
2. Click Menu on the the recording via FE, go to Recording Options and
select 'Allow this programme to re-record'.

As a matter of interest, you may wish to take a copy of the original
programme stream to experiment with your transcoding, then you won't
affect your original. In fact if you've done this though a job, there's
an option to keep the original anyway (IIRC), check your storage folders
the original might still be there.