[mythtv-users] VDPAU on flash

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 20:59:58 UTC 2011

2011/11/27 jedi <jedi at mishnet.org>:
> On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 12:41:17PM +0000, David Watkins wrote:
>> > But it doesn't work. I try with Iceweasel (Firefox) and Chromium, but
>> > the CPU goes to 90% on 1080p videos. I try to activate the HTML5 on
>> > Youtube, but it doesn't work.
>> >
>> > Is there anyone with working flash video acceleration?
>>
>> I'm pretty sure VDPAU doesn't support flash.
>
>   It does for YouTube. I haven't played around with it for awhile
> but I was able to use vdpau with the first version of Flash that
> supported it.

Thanks Jedi, I am trying with Firefox and Chromium and I can not get
hardware acceleration, this is the "about:plugins" page on both
browsers:

Shockwave Flash (3 files)
Shockwave Flash 11.0 r1

I try both flash and HTML5 versions on YouTube, but when I play a
1080p video, I get 80.85% CPU usage. There are xorg and chromium
binary files with high CPU.

Need I some extra configuration to get it working?

Thanks and best regards.

--
Josu Lazkano