[mythtv-users] Ceton patch available for trunk

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 18:31:15 UTC 2011

On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 11:58 PM, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net> wrote:
> I've now ported my Ceton patch from 0.24 to trunk. The patch is
> available at the link below. If you are running trunk and would like
> to test this, I'd appreciate any feedback on how it works for you.
>
> This patch includes a number of improvements over my 0.24 patch:
>
> 1) It now supports multiple Ceton cards installed in one computer. I
> don't actually have multiple cards now, so I can't actually test it,
> but I did have 2 cards for a brief time this summer, and when I did I
> played around with how it works, so I believe this should work.
> 2) It supports RTP streaming from a Ceton card installed in a remote
> computer. This means you can even have the Ceton card installed in a
> Windows box and use it from your linux mythtv system (though there's
> no way to coordinate tuner sharing, so either you'd need to statically
> assign specific tuners to specific systems, or manually coordinate
> their schedules to make sure they'll never try to use them at the same
> time). You can also technically use RTP to access a locally installed
> tuner, but it's probably less efficient that way.
> 3) I've made other modifications that should hopefully improve the
> slow channel changing that some people sometimes experienced in
> livetv, as well as making it deal better with failed livetv sessions.
> 4) Running the channel mapping utility is no longer necessary (neither
> for the initial setup nor whenever channels are added) when using a
> cablecard. It now determines parameters on the fly.
>
> http://www.ronfrazier.net/mythtv/0.25/downloads/ceton_0.25_beta1.patch

awesome! I can't say I'll be moving to trunk soon since 0.24 works so
well for us, but good to know you've managed to get all this work
done!

I assume running the card on a windows machine but tuning through Myth
still won't allow for copy controlled channels to be recorded?

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!