[mythtv-users] Can't delete recording....

Mark Bobak mark at bobak.net
Tue Nov 29 06:07:12 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I have separate frontend/backend systems.  I'm running 0.24/fixes, and
I'm all up to date.

I just rebuilt/re-installed the backend and database, after a severe
database corruption.

I did everything from scratch:
 - new database
 - re-installed tuners
 - channel scans
 - re-created all my recording rules....

and the first program that recorded, (part of David Letterman, as
program was in progress when I created rule), I'm not able to delete.
The program has now finished recording.  I finished watching it, and I
was going to delete it, and when I try, I get:
"Cannot delete  This recording is currently in use by: jupiter
(commercial detection)"

jupiter is the host name of my backend.  Couple of things, though.  If
I play the program, and I hit 'z', I get 'not flagged'.  If I log into
the backend host, and do a 'ps -ef|grep myth', there is no
'mythcommflag' currently running.

So, why does myth think that the commercial detection job is running
on this program, preventing me from deleting it?

Any suggestions or clues are appreciated.

AdvThanksance,

-Mark