[mythtv-users] Can't delete recording....

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Nov 29 07:46:29 UTC 2011

On 11/29/2011 01:07 AM, Mark Bobak wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have separate frontend/backend systems.  I'm running 0.24/fixes, and
> I'm all up to date.
>
> I just rebuilt/re-installed the backend and database, after a severe
> database corruption.
>
> I did everything from scratch:
>   - new database
>   - re-installed tuners
>   - channel scans
>   - re-created all my recording rules....
>
> and the first program that recorded, (part of David Letterman, as
> program was in progress when I created rule), I'm not able to delete.
> The program has now finished recording.  I finished watching it, and I
> was going to delete it, and when I try, I get:
> "Cannot delete  This recording is currently in use by: jupiter
> (commercial detection)"
>
> jupiter is the host name of my backend.  Couple of things, though.  If
> I play the program, and I hit 'z', I get 'not flagged'.  If I log into
> the backend host, and do a 'ps -ef|grep myth', there is no
> 'mythcommflag' currently running.
>
> So, why does myth think that the commercial detection job is running
> on this program, preventing me from deleting it?
>
> Any suggestions or clues are appreciated.

Restarting mythbackend should allow you to delete it.  Worst case
scenario, though, you should be able to delete it 4 - 28hrs after the
recording ends (when MythTV realizes during its daily cleanup that it's
not actually using that program and cleans up after the failed
commflag--note, though, that typically a failed commflag run is noticed
immediately because the system sends an error status on failure; I have
no idea why that didn't happen in this case).

Mike