[mythtv-users] FYI: harmony 650 37.99 @ costco (instant 17 rebate)

MythTV mythtv at blandford.net
Tue Nov 29 18:55:06 UTC 2011

On 11/29/2011 11:52 AM, Steven Adeff wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 10:37 AM, MythTV<mythtv at blandford.net>  wrote:
>> On 11/29/2011 08:16 AM, Steven Adeff wrote:
>>> I don't like the activity mode because if one signal does not get
>>> received by a device you have no way of "repeating" it without
>>> choosing something else. A real PITA when you hit the "off" button and
>>> one device doesn't work, you then have to hit an activity button to
>>> turn everything on before being able to repeat the off button. WHAT?!
>> On all of my hamony remotes, there is a help button.  It solves this
>> problem without resorting to changing activities because of a missed IR
>> signal.
>>
>> Michael
> I'll have to try that. Though I really do wish I could just hit the
> button again, but that is apparently too difficult of a concept for
> users to understand...

That's essentially what the help button does.

When you press it, it goes through some of the basic activity tasks
again automatically.  It will change the channel, power on the devices,
etc.  When it is done, it will prompt to see if everything is ok now.
If it isn't, then it will ask which things are wrong and correct them.

Michael