[mythtv-users] cannot "remap" channels in channel table for HDHomeRun Prime

David Engel david at istwok.net
Tue Nov 29 20:16:22 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 03:04:10PM -0500, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 11/29/2011 02:54 PM, Ronald Frazier wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 1:16 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> >> Are we really using channel number for the HDHR Prime?  We shouldn't
> >> be.  We should be using frequency ID, as we do for every single analog
> >> tuner in existence
> > As I mentioned, I was looking at the 0.24 code when I posted that, and
> > it is indeed using channum. I just took a peek at the trunk code and
> > it appears to be using freqid now.
>
> Ah, OK.  I hadn't looked at any of the code, so I wasn't sure if this
> was a typo/mis-speak or it really was using channum.  It sounds like
> 0.24-fixes was just made to work with what we had/minimally-invasive
> changes, while it was fixed up properly in master.  Thanks for confirming.

Circling back to the OP's issue.  Khanh, this means you can simply
change freqid to get what you want in master/0.25.  For example, you
can set freqid to 707 for channel 7 and you'll get the HD channel when
you choose channel 7 in the EPG or live TV.  And becuase freqid is
user editable, at least in the mythtv-setup editor, you won't incur
Mike's wrath! :)

David
--
David Engel