[mythtv-users] FYI: harmony 650 37.99 @ costco (instant 17 rebate)

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 04:18:12 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 3:24 PM, Kris B. <krisbee at krisbee.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 29, 2011 12:11 PM, "Gabe Rubin"
> <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am not sure if my devices have these codes.  If they do, Harmony
>> does not use the code.  If I hit the MythTV activity button from a
>> powered off stage (i.e., the remote believes all the devices are
>> powered off because the last button I hit was the power button turning
>> all the devices off), then the tv and receiver will turn on, unless
>> they are already on, in which case, they will turn off.  If I hit the
>> power button and harmony believes the devices are on, then it will
>> power each of them down, unless they are powered off, in which case,
>> they will turn on.  In other words, my Harmony remote sends the same
>> code to power on and power off devices.
>
> You might not - but you might... sometimes the default software picks
> the power toggle and not POWER ON, which are different.  This is why it
> took me 3 hours to get the Harmony programmed just right, and the fine
> control the windows software has over the web interface (which for the
> 300 barely lets you do anything)... Hopefully you do and you can just
> change the commands around and have something that is "smarter" than
> just a universal remote.

yea, all my devices have discreet codes for power on, power off,
individual input switching, etc. so I just want to be able to hit the
button again for everything to do it's thing.

even if it didn't though, I'd still want that to occur instead of
having me have to choose another activity and then choose the one I
wanted originally. to me it's just more intuitive to hit the button
again than hit other buttons, be it "help", or another activity, etc.
i guess I come from the days of just mashing the same button over and
over until it works...

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!