[mythtv-users] Play Myth ts recordings on Humax PVR

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Wed Nov 30 16:59:01 UTC 2011

On 30 Nov 2011, at 16:37, Raymond Wagner wrote:

> On 11/30/2011 10:34, Andre wrote:

>>> That unit doesn't even have network access for pulling software updates,
>>> much less for accessing content from other devices.
>> It plays media stored on an external USB drive, just not Myth's transport streams, yet anyway.
>
> When I pulled up their page, I accidentally looked at the freeview box
> rather than your freesat box, which has neither network nor USB.
>
>>> In any case, I fail to see how this would have any relevance to MythTV,
>> Apologies if this is considered inappropriate.
>
> It's not so much that it's inappropriate, but as explained, this is a
> MythTV mailing list.

I know, I've been here since the 0.18 days, back when it took a month of tinkering to get anything to work. :-)

> using MythTV, and not one of the other hardware or software PVR
> options.  It's just not a place you're likely to find experience in
> modifying competing hardware.

Then you and therefore potentially anyone who might answer my question has misunderstood, I'm not looking to modify anything, if I was I'd modify the HDR by replacing it with MythTV!

The sort of reply I was hoping for was "oh yeah we have one in the kids bedroom, it doesn't like myth's recordings try remuxing to mp4/m2ts/avi" sort of thing, bit like the upnp fudging required to get a PS3 to play transport streams, well back when it would play anything much outside of mpeg2.

Thanks for taking the time to look at the spec sheets, I'm sure I'll sort it out in the next few days anyway.

Andre