[mythtv-users] Can't locate videos in mythvideo

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Wed Nov 30 21:11:00 UTC 2011

> Not exactly sure what you are looking for, but I am using
> blue-abstract-wide and I have made some changes to the video list view
> because I also found the video names difficult to read when they were
> in subdirectories.  The three columns are just too narrow to be real
> useful.  Instead of three columns, I have changed this to two columns
> since I don't have directories more than one level down.  If you have
> more than one level deep, this will not help you.  I'll be glad to
> share these changes with you if that would help.
>
> Also, you can get a more complete view in the subdirectories alone if
> you use (IIRC) the Gallery mode.

Yeah, my directory structure is another level deeper:

/mythvideos/Kids/DirtyJobs
/mythvideos/Kids/Mythbusters
/mythvideos/Kids/Movies
etc
/mythvideos/Home/Movies
/mythvideos/Home/Workouts
etc

The old way of viewing the structure (0.22 and older) worked great for
me:

Video Root
    -> Kids
        -> DirtJobs
            -> [show listing]

Each time you went to a sub directory, that directory go to the left
side of the screen, the right side would show you everything under it,
etc. Looks like that view was removed, as far as I can tell.

Thanks,
James