[mythtv-users] Repeated attempts to tune after successful lock

Doug Scoular dscoular at cisco.com
Sat Oct 1 08:31:30 UTC 2011

Hi,
     Been having a problem for a while now with my mythbuntu combined
backend/frontend:

MythTV Version   : v0.24.1-85-ge16613a
MythTV Branch    : fixes/0.24
Network Protocol : 63
Library API      : 0.24.20110505-1
QT Version       : 4.7.2

     In live tv, quite frequently, the frontend tunes to a channel and
gets a picture without issue but then a couple of seconds later I'll get
the tuning dialog trying to tune again to the already tuned channel.
Then the "you should have got a signal by now..." dialog pops up under
the tuning dialog and the tuning dialog will eventually tune and
disappear. This may seemingly pointless tuning may repeat a couple or
more times.

     I'm wondering if my constant upgrading of the mythtv database from
~0.12 over the years has led to this problem.

     I'm beginning to wonder if I should do a clean install after
exporting my recordings and then import them or if there is some other
better approach.

     Has anyone seen a similar issue ?

     Any thoughts hugely appreciated.

     Cheers,