[mythtv-users] Mythvideo Metadata and Punctuation

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sat Oct 1 15:46:31 UTC 2011

On 10/1/2011 05:15, Daniel Osborne wrote:
> A little off topic though, I'd also like it to be able to take the
> year out of the filename (if any), and use that to match a specific
> remake. For example:
> "Alice in Wonderland (2010)"

Take a look at the code that produces movie titles.

https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/master/mythtv/libs/libmythmetadata/videometadata.cpp#L1036

Right now, it simply truncates anything within any form of braces.
While I don't have the final say on parsing formats, something that
handled the specific regular expression "\((0-9){4}\)$" to parse out
four digit years to allow later filtering of the results would likely be
acceptable.  Note that due to how that function operates, with a
position response of "0" telling it to stop looping back through, the
interface would have to be altered to support new values.