[mythtv-users] Does mythnuv2mkv.sh run only on the recording backend?

Yianni Vidalis yiannividalis at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 1 16:19:36 UTC 2011

Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2011 11:54:17 -0400
From: raymond at wagnerrp.com
To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Does mythnuv2mkv.sh run only on the recording backend?

    On 10/1/2011 11:45, Yianni Vidalis wrote:

        I set up mythnuv2mkv.sh to transcode my poor quality analog
        recordings to mpeg4 to save some space. The script runs
        perfectly on the backend that records the shows but the same
        script  fails with:

        01/10,18:32 [24624] ERROR Skipping 1046 20110906185500. Did not
        match a recording.

    That script simply checks for the existence of the file.  If the
    file cannot be found, it faults out.  You must mount your remote
    recording directories onto the slave backend.

Thanks for your answer, Raymond.

Am I stating the obvious when I assume that it has to be in the exact same path? If this is the case, it could be messy... The MB stores recordings in /myth, whereas the SB has the videos under /myth...

Even if I mount the MB's directory locally on the SB, won't the SB try to save its own recordings there? that will mean too much network traffic.

I was under the impression - or wishful thinking - that the mythnuv2mkv.sh script would stream the recording over, do it's job and put it back nicely!

Best regards,

Yianni.