[mythtv-users] Live TV being hammered by channel change commands

Wayne Thomas waynethomas69 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 22:36:09 UTC 2011

Hi there,
I have recently moved internationally and have just completed setting up my
myth system, however a strange problem has occurred.  Everything works fine
but when I go to Live TV the FE that is on the same machine as the BE gets
hammered by channel change commands.  All other FEs work fine without any
symptoms.  The FE in question is able to play recorded TV, videos, etc
without issue, it is merely an issue of LiveTV changing channel every 2
seconds or so.

Here is a snippit from the frontend log:

2011-10-02 11:05:32.129 WriteAudio: buffer underrun
GetBootInfo ResidentProgram is not implemented
SI_TuneIndexInfo ResidentProgram is not implemented
2011-10-02 11:05:33.372 TV: ProcessNetworkControlCommand(NETWORK_CONTROL
CHANID 3035) ignoreKeys: 0
2011-10-02 11:05:33.622 msg: On known multiplex...

The weird thing is that there is no channel with CHANID 3035 so it keeps
switching to the lowest numbered channel.  Here is some of the things I have
tried to remedy the problem:
- Disable network remote control
- Delete all channels and rescan
- Delete all cards and re-setup
- Remove MythMote from all of my android devices
- Disconnect network cable
- Reboot the backend (getting desperate)

What has me baffled is that disabling the Network remote control has no
effect (even after restarting the frontend and backend).  Does anyone have
any ideas of where I can look to chase this down?

It is about this time that I should admit that I am using 0.22.  Yes, yes, I
know, time to upgrade etc. etc. but my system has a lot more than just myth
on it and is working very much like an appliance (or at least it was...)

Cheers
Wayne