[mythtv-users] Need help connecting MythTV to bluetooth headset

Glen glen.hawksworth at bigpond.com
Sun Oct 2 01:47:34 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-10-01 at 15:12 -0500, Craig Huff wrote:
> Hmmm.  Nothing works, even help found googling.

> Now I'm stumped.  Where do I go from here?
>
> Sigh... some days I just wish something would work the first time.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Craig.

This might not be what you want to hear but I overcame the problem with
this...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Bluetooth-Stereo-Audio-Wireless-Transmitter-Dongle-/190328632876?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c5078762c

It works very well and eliminates the problem of pairing with your
computer.
The other advantage is that you can use it with anything that has a 3.5
jack.
The only downside is when it goes flat. It will not function while
plugged in to usb so you want to ensure it has enough charge for what
you want to watch. (however I found that my headphones often went flat
before the transmitter)