[mythtv-users] osx-packager.pl and git

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 03:05:03 UTC 2011

Hi

On 2 October 2011 12:41, Joann Bessler <bessler at dccnet.com> wrote:
> Thanks, using osx-packager from master without -gitrev fails when
> MythMediaDevice calls mythcdrom-darwin on my old PPC. Note that I'm running
> with -pluginskip, so I didn't expect to have any calls to mythcdrom.
> Running osx-packager from master with -gitrev = either OSX-fixes or
> fixes/0.24 fails on checkout --merge as shown above.

What I do is this.

git clone and checkout fixes/0.24 separately, not using the
osx-packager script at all

I checkout the myth packaging repo, checkout master
I then run osx-packager to use the existing checked out folder
./packaging/OSX/build/osx-packager.pl -srcdir
path_to_checkout_git_directory -force

I do not let osx-packager do the whole lot as I already have a checked
out folder.

alternatively, you can simply is the created .osx-packager directory
in src remove the existing myth-git
and create a link to your existing git directory

the git directory can be checked-out to fixes/0.24

all you need is to use the osx-packager.pl from master, to build fixes/0.24

using the -force switch, it will not attempt to update your existing git dir.

If that's too much for you, there are plenty of prebuilt mythtv
package, why don't you use one of those?