[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.24.1, Ubuntu 11.04 and MHEG on Freeview UK

Paul dazzle at edazzle.net
Sun Oct 2 10:19:20 UTC 2011

>It's possible that another re-tune is necessary to get the correct
>associations.  The BBC are moving a number of services around at the
>moment.  Just recently BBC News, Alba and Parliament moved on satellite.

I did another retune but that I truncated the mythconverg tables related to
tuning and channel information. Usually I just truncate the following:

program, channel, channelscan, channelscan_channel,
channelscan_dtv_multiplex, dtv_multiplex

but this time I also truncated:

eit_cache (empty), pid_cache (empty) and dtv_privatetypes

After that I did a full scan for all channels and the 'red button' came back
up. So I can only think that the table 'dtv_privatetypes' held some
redundant information which mythtv (this is a database I've been using since
0.21) was still reading and applying. I have also noticed that the table
dtv_privatetypes no longer has any information in it (likewise with
pid_cache and eit_cache).

I now have the 'red button' back but it still consumes a lot of CPU which
causes the video to stop / start everytime I use the 'red button'.

I was also going to re-compile fixes/0.24 with the iplayer.diff file but the
lastest version on your website is coming up as a binary file.

Anyway thanks for all the help,

Paul