[mythtv-users] Live TV being hammered by channel change commands

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sun Oct 2 10:28:02 UTC 2011

On 01/10/11 23:36, Wayne Thomas wrote:
> Hi there,
> I have recently moved internationally and have just completed setting up my
> myth system, however a strange problem has occurred.  Everything works fine
> but when I go to Live TV the FE that is on the same machine as the BE gets
> hammered by channel change commands.  All other FEs work fine without any
> symptoms.  The FE in question is able to play recorded TV, videos, etc
> without issue, it is merely an issue of LiveTV changing channel every 2
> seconds or so.
>
> Here is a snippit from the frontend log:
>
> 2011-10-02 11:05:32.129 WriteAudio: buffer underrun
> GetBootInfo ResidentProgram is not implemented
> SI_TuneIndexInfo ResidentProgram is not implemented
> 2011-10-02 11:05:33.372 TV: ProcessNetworkControlCommand(NETWORK_CONTROL
> CHANID 3035) ignoreKeys: 0
> 2011-10-02 11:05:33.622 msg: On known multiplex...
>
> The weird thing is that there is no channel with CHANID 3035 so it keeps
> switching to the lowest numbered channel.  Here is some of the things I have
> tried to remedy the problem:
> - Disable network remote control
> - Delete all channels and rescan
> - Delete all cards and re-setup
> - Remove MythMote from all of my android devices
> - Disconnect network cable
> - Reboot the backend (getting desperate)
>
> What has me baffled is that disabling the Network remote control has no
> effect (even after restarting the frontend and backend).  Does anyone have
> any ideas of where I can look to chase this down?
>
> It is about this time that I should admit that I am using 0.22.  Yes, yes, I
> know, time to upgrade etc. etc. but my system has a lot more than just myth
> on it and is working very much like an appliance (or at least it was...)

Are you using an IR remote control to change channels on the offending front
end? If so, have you got LIRC set up correctly? Is it possible that your IR
receiver is being flooded by stray radiation from lighting/the sun/the
screen/etc? Is it possible that the commands are getting into the input stream
from somewhere else, eg a duff keyboard? All it needs is a stuck 'up' or 'down'
key...

--

Mike Perkins