[mythtv-users] Does mythnuv2mkv.sh run only on the recording backend?

Yianni Vidalis yiannividalis at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 3 05:58:31 UTC 2011

Just to finish the story, I couldn't leave things as they were. So, I stopped both backends, re-arranged the TV storage folders, making sure that both BEs had the same folder structure, either by symlinks or by mutual nfs mounts, updated settings in mythtv-setup for both BEs and restarted mythbackend for both. Strangely, it works. All the old recordings are there and mythnuv2mkv.sh can chew happily through them using both BEs. If it is any help to others, this is the folder structure that both see: MB: In mythtv-setup:TV: /myth/tv-mbTV Live: /myth/tvlive-mb SB:In mythtv-setup:TV: /myth/tv-sbTV Live: /myth/tvlive-sb  Actual forder structure: MB:/myth/tv-mb --> symlink to the actual folder on a different disc that recordings are stored./myth/tvlive-mb --> symlink to the actual folder on a different disc that live tv recordings are stored./myth/tv-sb --> symlink to the respective subfolder of the actual nfs mount of the SB's /myth/tv-sb folder (rw)/myth/tvlive-sb --> symlink to the respective subfolder of the actual nfs mount of the SB's /myth/tvlive-sb folder (rw). I use symlinks to the nfs mounts so that I only have to mount a higher folder and pick the subfolder I want. SB:/myth/tv-sb --> symlink to the actual folder on a different disc that recordings are stored./myth/tvlive-sb --> symlink to the actual folder on a different disc that live tv recordings are stored./myth/tv-mb --> the actual nfs mount of the SB's /myth/tv-mb folder (rw)/myth/tvlive-sb --> the actual nfs mount of the SB's /myth/tvlive-mb folder (rw). Thanks for the info, Raymond. However, wouldn't it be great if some "clinically insane" programmer created some sort of wrapper for bash scripts that could use the mythtv-protocol to access recordings and such???

Yianni.