[mythtv-users] Plugging second BE into same network, any concerns?

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 05:41:44 UTC 2011

Hi,

My simple home network currently has a 0.24.1 BE running just lovely.

I am planning to 'fix' my parents 0.22 machine, which has a hardware
fault and was simply planning on bringing it to my house and
connecting it to my network to do work on it and download updates etc.
 Is there anything I need to be aware of before I connect it to my
network?  I don't want my BE to even know there was a second BE in the
house, in case it gets jealous or considers it a slave BE or anything.

Any advice is appreciated.

Cheers,
Whytey