[mythtv-users] MythVideo audio sync

Stefan D raptorjr08 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 19:32:25 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 9:10 PM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:

> On 10/5/2011 14:58, Stefan D wrote:
> > I have a few videos that works fine in mplayer but in Myth i get very
> > jerky video and sound. Get the following errors:
> >
> > 2011-10-05 20:49:44.870072 W [10793/16831] Decoder
> > avformatdecoder.cpp:4230 (GetFrame) - AFD: Audio 1381 ms behind video
> > but already 180 video frames queued. AV-Sync might be broken.
> >
> > It is some kind of HD wmv file i think. Should Myth be able to play
> > files as good as mplayer, or is the video file to blame?
>
> MythTV and mplayer both run off the same set of video decoding libraries
> provided by the FFmpeg project.  In theory, they should both be equally
> capable players, but of course different forks from different times, and
> different optimizations applied to each are going to cause problems.  It
> is entirely possible there is a flaw in MythTV's handling of such files
> that has yet gone unrecognized, as there is simply so little use of them.
>
> What hardware are you playing this on?  What playback profile are you
> using?  'wmv' is a pretty broad description, encompassing several
> generations of video encoding.  Do you know specifically what format the
> video is in or the bitrate?  If not, use 'mplayer -identify' to print
> out this information.

My playback Profile is VDPAU High Quality, but i have tried Normal and Slim
VDPAU profile also with the same result. I have a GeForce 9400GT graphics
card.

Output from mplayer -identify:

Playing Movie.wmv.
ASF file format detected.
ID_AUDIO_ID=1
[asfheader] Audio stream found, -aid 1
ID_VIDEO_ID=2
[asfheader] Video stream found, -vid 2
VIDEO:  [WMV3]  1280x720  24bpp  1000.000 fps  5030.4 kbps (614.1 kbyte/s)
ID_FILENAME=Movie.wmv
ID_DEMUXER=asf
ID_VIDEO_FORMAT=WMV3
ID_VIDEO_BITRATE=5030360