[mythtv-users] Live TV being hammered by channel change commands

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 21:56:49 UTC 2011

On 10/05/2011 01:54 AM, Wayne Thomas wrote:
> Given that I am running 0.22 is there anything else i can do to help
> progress the issue for future releases?

Hi Wayne;

My opinion is that if someone on a current release has this, they can
write a ticket, otherwise, just write this one off.

But:

1st I'd suggest doing what Gavin asked with the GUI, or if you want to
paste the output here, then this:

   . ~/.mythtv/mysql.txt;mysql -u$DBUserName -p$DBPassword $DBName -e  \
   "SELECT cardid,sourceid,displayname,tunechan,startchan FROM cardinput"

since the root cause is still unknown (whats putting infomation in the
channel table even after you deleted all channels.) And that might not
even be the right question.

2nd, if the above doesn't help ,add 'name,channum,' to the previous
query for yet another hint about the offending channel, as in:

   SELECT name,channum,networkid,transportid,serviceid
      FROM channel, dtv_multiplex
          WHERE chanid = 3035 AND
              channel.mplexid = dtv_multiplex.mplexid

Honestly, I don't know how to duplicate what you were seeing. Perhaps
because I'm in North America and don't have access to that type of
service? Plus, I'm a serial updater running ubuntu 11.10B2 (FE) and
0.25pre.

Interesting side note (at least to me.) The new logging format now
includes the filename and line number of the source that prints the
message, which most likely would have eliminated the requests for you
to see if Network Control was turned off.

Take care,

Bill