[mythtv-users] HDMI-CEC ?

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 22:01:19 UTC 2011

On 5 Oct 2011, at 20:20, Martin Ellis <malard at gmail.com> wrote:

> In regards to this discussion thread:
> http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2011-October/321913.html
>
> No known graphics cards actively support CEC, most do not actually
> terminate the CEC wire to any form of logic circuit.
>
> No known consumer motherboards have CEC support (including a driver
> stack) and only 1 known board exposes the CEC wire to allow a device
> to tap into it internally and this was released in June.
>
> The library libCEC is designed to work against the Pulse-Eight adapter
> only, it is not a generic library that will work against any 'CEC
> bridge' hardware.
>
> The library is also GPLv2 suitable for mythtv and we would welcome the
> integration and happy to support it in any way we can.
>
> Thanks
>
> Martin Ellis
>
> Pulse-Eight Limited

Martin

Well mine arrived this morning so you may live to regret that last comment sooner than you expected! A quick compile had the test app switching various things off this afternoon and I'll be tinkering with integrating some code into MythTV over the weekend.

Looking at the XBMC commits, my gut feeling is that MythTV integration should be relatively straightforward. Is there anything I should watch out for?

Thanks and regards
Mark