[mythtv-users] Hauppauge PVR250 remote

Boleslaw Ciesielski bc-mythtv at comcast.net
Wed Oct 5 23:22:42 UTC 2011

On 10/03/2011 09:18 PM, James MacKenzie wrote:
> I'm running the latest available kernel for Fedora 15, 2.6.40-4.  I have the
> old gray front/black back remote that does not have separate menu direction
> buttons (the chan+/chan-/vol+/vol- double as the direction buttons).

This is what I do (I have the same remote with PVR-350 which should be
the same setup):

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/476205#476205

> (The mythfilldatabase issue is that the HD light goes solid and it just sits
> there after downloading the first days worth from Schedules Direct.  I had
> been running Myth on the latest 24.1-fixes branch, but what got loaded in
> Fedora was straight 24.1...I'm thinking this might be the issue due to a
> database version update?  Could anyone shed some light on this?)

I had similar performance problems when the mysql partition (root in my
case) was using ext4. I switched back to ext3 and the problems went away.

There are probably ways to tune ext4...

Bolek