[mythtv-users] [mythtv] Problem Audio on Freeview HD BBC Channels

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 02:05:36 UTC 2011

Hi

On 5 October 2011 01:37, Simon Jones <sijones2010 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I dont know if the patch is created correctly or will work at all, so
> please make sure you have a backup to be able to revert this, the only
> thing I can say is that FFmpeg does compile, that's all I can confirm,
> it may fail completely!

Unfortunately, this is not sufficient to make that video plays properly.

There has been a lot of changes to the AAC decoder since the last sync.

I had a look at it, and a backport to 0.24 is going to be quite
difficult, the LATM AAC decoder found in 0.24 didn't even exist in
ffmpeg at the time and it was a code found in myth only.

With master/0.25 a tad less so.
here is the patch for it.
http://pastebin.com/TWY3FJqT

This includes most of the current changes to the AAC decoder found in
FFmpeg master except some that would be too significant to backports
and would affect many other parts of the code (like FFmpeg change that
output floats most of the time)

I'll try to get something for 0.24

JY