[mythtv-users] Few seconds missing in recordings (progress with analog overlapping?)

jeetu.golani at gmail.com jeetu.golani at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 07:05:12 UTC 2011

Hi Mike,

> That is /not/ start early and end late.  That is "time to get a capture
> card and hard drives running".  Start early and end late are specified
> on the individual recording rules in minutes, not seconds.

ah :)....thanks for pointing this out....I got confused since the menu
lists it as "time to record before start of show" and "time to record
after end of show". I see some references to soft padding and hard
padding in prior mails to the forum and thought this was what they
meant by soft padding :)....my bad :)

Unfortunately setting the start early and end late in the individual
recording rule leads to a conflict when there are back to back
recordings :(

any tips you can give as to what's the best I can try to get with a
single analog tuner?...and any clues as to even a basic overlap
recording mechanism is on the drawing board?

Thanks so much again....appreciate all your help :)

Bye for now