[mythtv-users] HDHR died?

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Thu Oct 6 18:18:11 UTC 2011

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 12:50 PM, Bert Haskins <bhaskins at chartermi.net> wrote:
> Really great piece of engineering here... warrantee expired last month.

You've filed a support ticked with them?  They might be willing to
give you a better deal with it being so close to the end of the
warrantee period.

The first time mine failed it was a power supply issue and they
replaced that at no cost even though I was beyond the warrantee
period.  It ran for two more years before failing the second time,
when I bought a replacement HDHR3 for $99.

> Anyone remember when new stuff used to last for ten years or more.

You're having selective memory of course.  Sometimes you get lucky,
sometimes you don't.  My wife still uses our Series 1 TiVo we got in
'99.  That same 30GB hard disk has been spinning nearly 24/7 for 12
years.

Eric