[mythtv-users] HDHR died?

Rob Davis rob at davis-family.info
Thu Oct 6 19:56:16 UTC 2011

> On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 1:18 PM, Neil Salstrom <salstrom at gmail.com> wrote:

> [1] Yes I'm a geek. I ran CAT5e through the house while it was being
> built. I have a 19" rack,24 port patch panel, 24 port 10/100 switch, 8
> port gigabit router, DSL modem, and the HDHR in my office closet.

Only 1 HDHR in the data closet, how can you live with that.. :-)

I recently went with an OTA antenna as the market next to ours did a
better job with syndicated stuff being in HD, more stations in HD (rather
than SD sub channels (CW) and the audio worked better.  However 2 of my
local channels now keep dropping out. I think I am getting multi path
errors as the signal is hitting the antenna at a 40 degree angle.  So I
use three tuners for OTA and one for ClearQAM, just for those channels.
As luck would have it, they share a QAM mux, so I can multirecord off the
one tuner, and leave the other three for all the other OTA channels which
are all over the place frequency wise.

I posted a link a while back where a Silicondust employee is dropping a
bunch of HDHR on ebay for $50.  I bought my second one just after posting
it.  (it's the twin input cream one).