[mythtv-users] Cable card HD set top box

bhaskins bhaskins at chartermi.net
Thu Oct 6 19:58:59 UTC 2011

On 10/06/2011 03:09 PM, Robert Shields wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 10:29 AM, Joe Henley <joehenley at kc.rr.com
> <mailto:joehenley at kc.rr.com>> wrote:
>
>     Sorry if somewhat OT....
>
>     Has anyone found a source to purchase a cable card capable HD set-top
>     box.  ... NOT a CC capable PVR.
>
>     My cable provider is TW so I'm limited to using a Hauppauge HD-PVR to
>     time shift.  I'd prefer to purchase the set top box and not pay TW the
>     outrageous monthly fee for one.  So far, the monthly fee for the cable
>     card is reasonable.

Be careful, remember the Cable Co owns the Cable Card!
I had what you are talking about for about two years and then the Cable Co
suddenly !!!!! demanded!!!!! the ( rented ) card back.
I have been very wary about any solution that depends on a cable card
ever since.
If you want to know how it turned out ( no tos ), contact me off list.