[mythtv-users] HDMI-CEC ?

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Oct 7 06:51:01 UTC 2011

Nick Rout wrote:

>  >>Cool. Hmm, thinks ... should check if TV supports it first !
>>
>>  Rats, the darn TV doesn't have it :-(
>
>It might, different manufacturers call it different things, but it's
>basically all the same technology.
>According to wikipedia: Trade names for CEC are Anynet+ (Samsung);

It's a Samsung, and my model doesn't have it according to the specs
I've found online. Can't find anything on their UK page, but I can't
see there being significant differences between EU countries :
http://www.samsung.com/at/consumer/tv-audio-video/television/archived-tv/LE26B350F1WXZG/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail&tab=specification

Other newer models similar to mine do, mine doesn't. Oh well, guess
I'll have to carry on manually switching it on and off - it's such a
chore ;-)

--
Simon Hobson