[mythtv-users] HDMI-CEC ?

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Oct 7 15:31:37 UTC 2011

Max Hodgson wrote:

>>Of course they also "embrace and extend" the standard so that it
>>really only works properly with their own equipment :-(

>The implementations between manufacturers is slightly different I think.
>
>My PS3 will turn on my LG tv, but it won't change the HDMI input to
>the one the PS3 is on. Which is almost complete useless.

But I bet it works flawlessly with Sony TVs etc. As suggested, it
will all be deliberately "standard enough to use the name,
non-standard enough to create lock-in" so that things only work
properly if you use kit from the same manufacturer.

Funnily enough, sometime I'm supposed to be trading some time for a
meal and properly setup a mates system - envy inducing big plasma,
surround sound, and BR. He cocked up setting up the first time and it
needs doing from scratch - I couldn't do it last time I was there, I
couldn't even see the text in the manuals without my glasses, let
alone read it !

--
Simon Hobson