[mythtv-users] Stop recording shows with generic descriptions

Michelle Dupuis mdupuis at ocg.ca
Sat Oct 8 00:40:46 UTC 2011

I subscribe to SchedulesDirect, and have set mythtv to record shows I haven't recorded before.

However, SD is full of shows with the generic descriptions (eg "The Big Bang Theory", description "A free-spirited beauty moves in next door to two physicists").  As a result, I'm getting up to 10 copies of the same show recorded per day!

Is there a way to tell myth to skip shows with generic descriptions?

Thanks!