[mythtv-users] mythconverg_backup.pl choking on mythweather tables

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Oct 8 06:12:56 UTC 2011

On 10/07/2011 02:33 PM, Mark Boyum wrote:
> I would like to backup my database but find that the script dies as
> below.  I know next to nothing about mySQL and would appreciate any
> assistance.
>
> How do I remove any trace of mythweatther as we no longer use it?  I'd
> like to clean it out of the database entirely and assume that would
> allow the backup script to run.
>

> ./mythconverg_backup.pl --verbose
> <--- SNIP --->
> Executing command:
> '/usr/bin/mysqldump' --defaults-extra-file='/tmp/b1lBxr5u54'
> --host='localhost' --user='mythtv' --add-drop-table --add-locks
> --allow-keywords --complete-insert --extended-insert --lock-tables
> --no-create-db --quick --add-drop-table 'mythconverg' 2>&1
> 1>'/home/mark/mythtv_backup/mythconverg-1264-20111007131620.sql'
>
> mysqldump exited with status: 2
> mysqldump output:
> mysqldump: Got error: 1146: Table
> 'mythconverg.mythconverg.weatherscreens' doesn't exist when using LOCK
> TABLES

SHOW ENGINES;

I'm guessing you won't see a "YES" in the "Support" column for
"InnoDB".  That means that your distro disabled the InnoDB storage
engine--because it saves 40MB of virtual RAM--to make a lean-mean
machine for you and broke your MythTV database in the process.  If so:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/419174#419174

(And be very careful with the copy/paste of the command to the shell.
It must end with "EOF" as the entire last line--with no added
end-of-line spaces, which copy/paste is likely to put in.  So, I
recommend you copy everything except the "EOF" line, then paste it into
a shell, then make sure you're on a different line from the "DELETE"
line and type in "EOF<Enter>".)

Then, enable InnoDB on your mysql server, then restart mythfrontend and
it will re-create the MythWeather tables (and backup will work because
you won't have broken tables).

Mike