[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase is REALLY slow.

linux guy linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 03:22:21 UTC 2011

On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 3:23 PM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:

> On 10/8/2011 17:13, linux guy wrote:
> >    The DataDirect grabber will grab all available data
> >    in a single pull. This will ensure you always have
> >    the most up-to-date data, but requires significantly
> >    more CPU and RAM.
>
> Meaning users with multiple lineups, trying to run backends on old P3s,
> Atoms, or ARMs might not want to use it.

I wasn't aware that the backend should even be running when running
mythfilldatabase.   When you think about it, it makes sense that it can be,
actually it has to be when the guide data is populated every day or so.  But
I was so focussed on setting things up that I never even thought about
having the backend running.